Qualification level and title
NCFE CACHE L1 Award in Caring for Children
None. The course is aimed at:
* Newly appointed and / or unqualified staff in an Early Years settings
* Parents and volunteers involved in the work of an Early Years settings
* People who may be interested in working in an Early Years setting
What will I learn?
* The role of an Early Years setting
* How Early Years settings promote language and development
* Introduction to how children learn
* Introduction to child development
* Activities and learning opportunities in an Early Years setting
* The role of the adult in an Early Years setting
Please note literacy and numeracy classes where required are attached to this course.
Teaching / learning methods
Small and large group discussions, exercises, practical activities.
What examinations will I be able to take?
There will be the opportunity to take a numeracy or literacy exam where required.
What extra work do I need to do outside the classroom?
There will be weekly completion of tasks which will require reading and research. Tasks need to be completed with each unit on a weekly basis.
CACHE L2 Certificate in Introduction to Early Years Care and Education. Achieving this award allows you to work in or be a volunteer in a supervised capacity in an Early Years setting.
Attendance at a pre course information and interview session is required. These will be held regularly at 10:00 on Tuesdays. Please click on the 'Enrol' button and select the date of your choice then follow the booking / registration instructions.
If successful, you will be offered a place and given instructions how to enrol on the course online or in person at one of the CALAT centres.
Applicants must be aged 16 years and over with a minimum of entry 3 level English. To achieve success you are required to attend above 90% of the course.
A4 folder, pens and notebook, dividers, lined paper. You are advised not to buy any books unless advised by the tutor.
Childcare Level 1
- Reference TZM480-17
- Location: CALAT Thornton Heath Centre
- Start Date: 06 Mar 2018
- End Date: 03 Jul 2018
- Course Duration: 15 weeks
- Time: Tue 09:30-15:00
- 9 places available